Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Viewbooks for Australian Universities

Apparently "viewbook" is the US term for: "a promotional booklet with pictures that is published by a college or university and used especially for recruiting students; also: an online version of such a booklet" (Merriam-Webster Dictionary, 2015).

It might be worth Australian universities having the word "viewbook" on their web pages, so that international students using US term can find it. Some Australian universities, such as UoW, do use the term. However, just using that term it could be confusing for students who are not familiar with it. I suggest including the term, but not making it too prominent.

I came across the term in a posting on an EDUCAUSE mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment