"Have you ever wondered about concepts like 'constructivist learning' and what this approach means in practice? How relevant are these ideas to everyday teaching at university? This fully online, self-paced coffee course will provide an opportunity to unpack this and related concepts in five quick snapshots over your daily coffee breaks!
- Day 1 – Why learning theory? How will this help my daily work as a university teacher?
- Day 2 – Surface versus Deep Learning. How deep do your students dive?
- Day 3 – Taxonomies of learning and knowledge – are they useful?
- Day 4 – Adult learning theory. Do adults learn differently?
- Day 5 – Constructivism and some other ‘isms.’ What do they mean? "