One difference between the UK and Australian systems, is that the Australian VET system is more closely aligned with university Higher Education. Also the UK seems to lack anything comparable to Australia's National VET E-learning Strategy, which provides a centrally funded pool of training, tools and content for e-learning, which can be used by all public and private VET providers. The UK could look at adopting something similar, with a Learning Design Tool (LDT), packaged e-learning content "Toolboxes", e-learning software and events for educators.
The FELTAG recommendations are grouped under "work-streams":
- Horizon Scanning and Context
- Investment and Capital Infrastructure
- Providers Capacity & Capability
- Online English, Maths & ESOL
- Which workstream(s) do you think are the most important to focus on to effect the agile evolution of the FE sector in anticipation of disruptive technology, for the benefit of learners, employers & the UK economy as a whole?
- Which recommendations would you change and how?
- Building on the draft recommendations, or proposed revisions that you have made, what single change would make the biggest difference to you or your organisation?
- Are there examples, issues or evidence that you feel FELTAG has overlooked and should consider in its recommendations?