The one page SydEduTech draft Strategic Plan 2015 – 2020, which was distributed before the workshop had:
- A leading global edutech hub
- Vibrant and sustainable ecosystem
- Supporting a portfolio of successful edutech companies
- Broad and engaged community support base
- High awareness of edutech
- Independent experts agree Sydney is a leader
Net importer of edutech companies
- Active entrepreneurs and investors
- 600 edutech companies
45 edutech companies > $10 million
7 edutech companies > $100 million
Increase in education exports and GNP
- Over 3000 members
- Increased awareness in general community
Value Add Events
Facilitate International Activities
Partner with Leading Organisations
Create Funnel of Potential
Engage Wider Community
One idea raised was to have one big annual event in Sydney. Another was for a hacker-thon event (this weekend is a "Masters of Code Competition" in Sydney).
I joined the table brainstorming how to "Facilitate International Activities". It turned out another participant was part of a startup teaching English to school students in China using computer games.
A few months ago I was visiting Vancouver for a conference and searched for other education events on there and people to visit. With a little effort I found found plenty to do.
I hope to take a copy of the finalized strategy and change "Sydney" to Canberra". ;-)