|ANU Timber Student |
"The Union Court Redevelopment project includes a 450 bed student accommodation and 7,000 m2 teaching building to be built using cross laminated timber (CLT) and glulam (GLT).
Mass Timber in the form of Cross Laminated Timber and Glulam has finally come to Canberra, with the recent redevelopment occurring within the campus of the Australian National University.Lendlease DesignMake, the designer and fabricator of the engineered timber structures for this project will discuss the design and construction of this redevelopment. Other speakers will discuss mass timber use, CLT and fire rating of timber. The seminar will also include a guided walk to view the actual construction on the ANU site.
This half-day seminar is a must for all building and design professionals including architects, engineers, building designers, certifiers, developers, builders, regulators and educators. ...
- Welcome and WoodSolutions Update and Mass Timber - Andrew Dunn, TDA
- Building’s use in Australia to date12.45pm Union Court, ANU
- Design and Construction of Union Court
- Student Accommodation and Teachers Facility - Andrew Smith, DesignMake
- Guide walk to building site - Andrew Smith, DesignMake03.00pm Afternoon tea and coffee break03.30pm Mass Timber Solutions
- CLT Design and Fabrication insight - Sean Bull, XLAM
- Mould & Fire = Destructive Forces & Solutions for Mass Timber - Andreas Luzzi, Laros Indust.
- Calculating Timber Charring Rates and AS1720.4 Update - Andrew Dunn, TDA
From: "Mass Timber (CLT) Building Free WoodSolutions Seminar"
ps: I will be speaking on "Learning to use new tech-infused teaching spaces" at EduBuild 2018 in Singapore, 9 October, 5:20pm.